5. Because he saw a picture of it on the Internet Alex whispered to Jenny, "that there was a new Mcdonald's going up near mars this month."
5. Because he saw a picture of it on the Internet, Alex whispered to Jenny that there was a new McDonald's going up near Mars this month.
1) Insert a comma after "Internet" because "Because he saw a picture of it on the Internet" is a dependent clause that is at the beginning of a sentence.[1 pt.]
2) McDonald's is spelled with a capital D in it.[1 pt.]
3) Mars is the name of a planet; therefore it should be capitalized. [1 pt.]
4) No comma is needed after "Jenny" because the words that are spoken are not direct speech. This is indirect speech and it does not need to be set off with quotation marks [1 pt.]
5) See above. No quotation marks are needed with indirect speech. [2 pts.]
Total = 6 pts.